
I’m going to use this space to ask my friends in both Ohio and Texas to vote for Hillary Clinton. I’ve not been quiet about my opinion on the current Democratic Presidential Nomination race.
I’m not taking the position on why NOT to vote for Obama.
What I’d like to share with you is why you SHOULD vote for Hillary next week.
I will admit freely that I will be voting based on Gender! Yes, she lacks a penis – therefore she shall have my vote!
That is not to diminish the fact that a penis will make a great Vice President and it will be very interesting to see Mr. Clinton decorate the White House Christmas Tree.
She is articulate.
She is educated.
She offers specific plans. (see her website)
http://www.hillaryclinton.com/
She pronounces Pakistan LIKE an American (did anyone else take note of the way Obama pronounced that last night?)
And..
She is a woman/wife/mother/daughter/best friend.
She is just like you and me.!
If elected…the gender gap (at least the perception of ) would be closed.
When our daughters are asked what do you want to do when you grow up…their answer will not be “I want to be the first female president” it would simply be “I want to be President”.
A different perspective is this; if you believe that NONE of the candidates are that stellar…if you believe that the office of the president is really no big deal….if you believe that all politicians are crooks and mongers…
Why not consider voting for a woman JUST to offer a different future for your daughter, granddaughter, wife, sister, mother, ?????
And the last thing I’ll say is this!
You don’t have to TELL your husband/brother/uncle/son/father that you voted for Hillary.
I won’t ask you who you voted for…but I might put a poll on the webite…it will be anonymous.
33 comments:
Sorry! Can not vote for Hillary!
She is running for President of the United States and she complains about getting asked all the tough questions first at the debates! What's that about? She needs to toughen up! She cries about Obama getting favored by the press!
Go Ralph!
I will NEVER vote for Hillary. Sorry, I think she is narcasistic and evil.
AZ
Obama promises to levy a fifty cent additonal tax on gasoline and not renew the Bush tax cuts (which means for a family of 4 earning $50K their taxes will go up about $1800 year....just for starters). Who in their right mind is voting for Obama out there??
comment sent to me via email...perhpas we should invest in horse and buggies..
AZ,
Ditto!
Pure evil! I would vote for her only because if she get the nomination she would lose to McCain! Obama would beat McCain! She cries too much for me!
Sorry!
I am not going to vote for Hillary because she is a woman! Too many sour grapes last night in the debate. Denounce and refuse mean the same thing don't they? When the right woman runs for President I will vote for her? Who knows Oprah could be Obama's VP? Have you called Gail yet!
Look up Hillary's comments about abortion.
I know most Ohio MOMS would not like her views on abortion.
She voted for the morning after pill. She spoke at St. Mary's Catholic University about abortion. The Archbishop protested!
She is in favor of partial birth abortion.
She is pro choice.
Let's remember to be consistent with our Catholic values and promote a candidate that will ensure that America promotes the dignity and value of human life...above all things.
Our daughters can feel perfectly confident in their career goals with or without a female president. Rushing to put one in office just because she "lacks a penis" is hardly a reason to elect a female president. We want our daughters to have positive, ethical, women of faith for role models. It will be worth the wait.
Mary said YES!!!!!
Over 65 million abortions to 3,600 lives in Irag!
Sorry! I can not support Hillary!
i've never been accused of having popular opinions! ha!! i'm sitting here speechless at the responses. I'd like to Thank Katie Stanton and all the women of Seneca Falls who's muscle and hard work allow us to have this conversation at all!! God rest their souls.
I don't have a problem waiting for the right 'one'...however... i really think we've waited long enough...so i'm hearing you all say that you don't like HIllary...can you share your views on why you would vote for the other? this could be a forum for you to educate others.
I have not decided who I am going to vote for.I just know who I am NOT going to vote for.
I will vote Pro life.
Adoption is better than abortion!
For a more accurate poll you may want to add McCain as a choice. It seems like there are alot of pro lifers commenting. Although regardless who is President I don't think abortions will stop.
I agree abortions will not stop.
Our moms chose life for us as did Mary! abortion is not right. We need to vote for life like our parents did.
The Ten Commandments say Thou Shall Not Kill.
The Irag War at one time was a Just War if there ever was such a thing!
McCain seems to be the best choice!
Pro Choice!!!!!!! I hope the right to choose is NEVER TAKEN AWAY!!!! I am Catholic but I am also a women and thankful that all women have the right to make the choice for themselves.
this is getting so good!!
I LOVE you ALL!!
1. i can't change poll once it has started..(blogger won't let me)
2. do you think that there were people that voted FOR Kennedy JUST because he was a Catholic? Were there not reason to NOT vote for him...but 'the greater good' was served by voting FOR him?
Does the aborted child have a choice??
No!
Adoption is a choice!
Mary was the PERFECT WOMAN!
For whoever said:
"I am Catholic but I am also a women and thankful that all women have the right to make the choice for themselves."
The Catholic faith clearly states that life should be valued at all stages, from conception trough natural death. (http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm#I) section 2270 of the Catechism.
While it may not be realistic that all abortions will stop with a pro-life president, should we just stop trying?
Did abolitionists stop trying to elect a president who was anti-slavery? No. Just think of what this nation would be like if they had just given up and accepted the practice of slavery.
Just because it is popular, doesn't mean it is right.
We must make an effort to direct our county back in a moral direction--one that is consistent with our Catholic Christian values that date back 2000 years.
True then. True now.
Peace.
WOW -- Quite an outpouring of opinions!! S - I agree that if it were not for some very strong, outspoken, brave women before us (many of whom died fighting the fight for our gender rights), we would not be in a position to express our opinions in these types of forums.
As for me...I know how I am voting in the primary but even if that individual wins the primary, they may not get my vote in the general election.
Regardless, I believe that Obama will have a better chance of beating McCain that Clinton will.
Hel
I'm still PRO CHOICE and proud of it. That's not to say I'd have or recommend an abortion but heck...I STILL HAVE THAT RIGHT TO MAKE THE CHOICE. As do you!!!!!
I say AMEN to the last comment!
Pope Benedict XVI said we must choose a candidate based on whether they are:
1) Pro-Life (protection of life)
2) Pro-Family (recognition of the family)
3) School-Choice (freedom of education)
These are all non-negotiable principles.
By Pro-Life the pope obviously means that candidates who actively work to promote "abortion" and/or "abortion rights" are automatically excluded from the Catholic vote.
By Pro-Family the pope means candidates who back policies that support the traditional family. However, in this day and age, one of the greatest threats to the institution of marriage is the rise of gay-marriage and same-sex unions. So naturally this takes a top priority in the pope's Pro-Family agenda. Any candidate who supports gay-marriage and/or same-sex unions is also excluded form the Catholic vote.
By School-Choice, the pope is very specific. The Compendium of Catholic Social Doctrine explicitly describes the state's failure to subsidize private, religious, and home-schools as an "injustice." The Compendium is not specific as to how this subsidy should be implemented (whether by school vouchers or parental rebates). That is left up to individual states and nations to decide. But "school-choice" has been defined as an extremely important point of Catholic Social Doctrine. Therefore, any candidate who would oppose the concept of school-choice outright, is to be excluded from the Catholic vote. All that being said, let us now look into the 2008 presidential candidates.
http://thepublicsquare.blogspot.com/2006/04/pontiff-lists-3-principles-for.html
This is one women who will indeed excercise her Catholic vote - for Pro Choice. I also have no problem with same sex/gay unions. With so much anger/hate/unhappness in the world....why can't people just let happiness happen. Who gives us the right to make choices for anyone else. You have the right to believe in whatever...you have the right to worship as you choose.....YOU ARE MAKING YOUR OWN CHOICES! As will I.
Hmmmm....A Catholic who doesn't agree with the Catechism or the Pope. Interesting.
Yes I am a Catholic but one who Believes that I have a right to Choose. Eveyone has a right to choose...just because someone says it is so....does not make it so. Yes I am a Catholic but just because I disagree with something DOES NOT make me any less a Catholic but one who excercies the right to feel the way I do.
As a Catholic, Im sure you're aware that we believe the Pope's words and what is written in the Catechism to be infallible. That is, the one truth. Personal choice is of no issue when the Truth is known. Perhaps your parish priest would be better able to explain this to those of you who are confused about these issues. For those of you who admittedly disagree with these fundamental doctrines of the Catholic Church, perhaps you should reconsider attaching the label of "Catholic vote" to your beliefs, as you are not accurately representing the Catholic person who whole heartedly believes in the teachings of the Church.
Why don't you write another blog today on a different (much lighter) subject? I think your stockers are getting restless.
How is the family? How is Doug?
We are still praying everyday for him!
Interesting feedback. And I too am a Catholic who believes in Pro Choice. Just would prefer to have the late term/partial birth abortions stopped.
Geez...this has gotten a little out of hand.
I agree with your last Anonymous writer.....lets move on folks.
These are important issues! Life, faith, the future of our country. I'm glad they are being discussed!
Dear Anonymour Writer.
I agree with you "These are important issues! Life, faith, the future of our country. I'm glad they are being discussed" and I am thankful that we all have the right and opportunity to freely and openly let our opinions be heard...and for the right to believe in whatever we choose and the option to call ourselves Catholics!!
Some of us should call ourselves
"Cafeteria Catholics" because we pick and choose what we want and pass up what we do not want!
God gave us the 10 Commandments not the 10 suggestions!
If we are in mortal sin we are not supposed to receive the Eucharist!
However, some people choose to ignore this. This also makes the Eucharistic Ministers commit a sin as well. Scandel is a sin too!
Every sin we commit hurts others. I
Pro choice (abortion) kills!
Some of us should call ourselves
"Cafeteria Catholics" because we pick and choose what we want and pass up what we do not want!
God gave us the 10 Commandments not the 10 suggestions!
If we are in mortal sin we are not supposed to receive the Eucharist!
However, some people choose to ignore this. This also makes the Eucharistic Ministers commit a sin as well. Scandel is a sin too!
Every sin we commit hurts others. I
Pro choice (abortion) kills!
Post a Comment