Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oh so proud of my kids!!

There are similarities between parenthood and marriage. Where there is the eb and flow of emotions in a marriage…I find that I have the same eb and flow when it comes to my relationships with our children.

I made a comment to a friend of mine the other day that I have ‘fallen in love’ with our son. It just seems that the past two months he has become…well…..almost perfect. Peeing and pooping on the potty is just so huge!!! He hasn’t gotten physically aggressive with anyone at school OR rosary group since Christmas.

He tells me he loves me and give me big hugs all the time..and we even took a long nap together the other day. Can I brag that the other day we were at rosary group and he needed one of the other mom’s attention…and he walked up to Barb and said ‘ excuse me Mrs. C…I need to tell you…..thus and such’………the two other moms who were sitting there were floored….and of course I was modest on the outside…but I’m sure I was having grandparent feelings on the inside’…I wanted to explode with JOY!!! He’s just become so reasonable…I’m sure the child psychologist out there would be saying to me…DUH lady…he’s three and half…this is what happens…DON’T YOU REMEMBER??

Our V has had a big weekend…she found out that she is ranked in the top 20 of the state for 100yd IM event!! That is BIG….she has always done well with her swimming….dropping time almost every meet and every event…but ranking on a state level hasn’t been something we’ve paid much attention to.

So……we are prouder than proud…proud of the fact that this kid of ours continues to get in and out of the water 5 times a week – at all times of the day and night…..commitment is what she has demonstrated and for her at this time. the reward is a state ranking! Way cool!!

Our LWG (otherwise known as R) is in the second week of a two week challenge that she created for herself. She would like an ipenguin to go along with her ipod and has asked for the opportunity to ‘earn it’. Just as punishment is effective when you use natural consequences…I’m hoping that rewarding behavior that you want duplicated will have its own level of natural consequences.

Thus, the challenge is she will perform the jobs on the chore chart without being Asked EVERYDAY!! So far she has done wonderfully!!! I hope she will begin to feel some pride with the effort and not just see the reward at the end of the Windex bottle J

And Lu…..she has slept through the night more times this week than not!!!


This week it’s great to be a mom!!! All smiles and sunshine and sweet candy kisses….
love that!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to start a Sunday to hear my niece be so proud of her children. You have done good with the kids. when they try your patience again, remember this day and how proud you of them.
give every one a kiss for me. you and doug included. love auntm

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all our Bteam!!! You've got to be the happiest Mom in KY. Sounds like things are on the right track for all of you. Way to go Ms.V.--- Quick ? is Koen able to go all night without an accident? Just curious.

I pray these days for you will continue for sometime to come.

Kissses and Hugs for all
Love Grma & Grpa B

eastmoormom said...

hey there..yes, Mr. K is dry all night and has been for quite some time..it was the daytime that was giving us trouble for a while...

Anonymous said...

Hey it is Tuesday you have not posted since Sunday.Your stalkers need a B TEAM FIX

WW

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I want one of those days!!!!!!
Miss you!
Joy