Friday, August 15, 2008

Our little decade.


Here we are…a Glory Be and Five Hail Mary’s!! (picture to come later)
I joined our rosary group for the last time today.
This is the group that has seen so many changes in my life.
They watched Lu learn to walk and Mr. K learn to use the potty.
It was here that my need to be neurotic over my son’s behavior was tempered by reason..
It was here that I had my first cry when my husband was diagnosed.
This is where the wee ones spent quite a bit of time while I was at the hospital for doctors visits.
This is the place where debates over our political views were held and I was deemed ‘the bad’ girl of the group!! (whats new right??? )but they liked me anyway!
We started out as a group of three…and now here we are….
A Glory Be and Five Hail Marys.

Each week we would offer up our intentions….some weeks were heavier than others. We always prayed for our children, (future children) and our children’s future spouses. We would read a Gospel reading or other text for reflection….
Discuss our thoughts and then EAT!! When we were offering our intentions and if they were too many…we would just offer ‘our heap’….i loved that….there are days when detailing your needs would take too long…so we could say ‘I offer my Heap’. We all had our favorite rosaries…even the little ones would grab a favorite from Barb’s collection. I’ve had a rosary from Lourdes that I was given soon after our cancer journey began.

For our last gathering we had extra special food…(usually we would throw together stuff for the kids…what ever we had extra in our cupboards…cheese stick…grapes…crackers etc.) and the girls presented me with wonderful parting gifts. I was given a wonderful metal plaque that I will proudly display in our home…I can’t wait to take a picture to show them…..we also received a card from a group of families from the girls school!! The contents of that card will absolutely be helpful…and Brandi!!! Thank you for remembering my love of Logan’s!!! I'll be sure and toast you with a yeast roll!!

My final intention was that I have the strength and courage to continue a Rosary group back home. I welcome anyone and everyone as flawed as me!! No perfect people allowed!!! Walk ins welcome - no appointment necessary!!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

What a very special group. I'm sure Our Lady will help you organize a group in Columbus.