my dear friend Amy and her husband Jeff, are on the brink of bringing their first child into this world. I'm so very very sad that i may not be there for the birth. It appears that this baby wants to come sooner than later. I offer below prayers from my Mothers Handbook of Prayers that my husband got for me so many years ago. They have brought much peace to my heart...i pray that peace comes to Amy and Jeff as they prepare to be parents.
I want to come see you in all your glory at the hospital!!
but, just in case:
Prayer for a Happy Delivery
Lord Jesus Christ, who said, 'Allow the little children to come to me, for the kingdom of heaven is for such," I thank you with all my heart for the great and holy privilege you have granted me in calling me to present you with a little child, so precious in your sight. I praise and bless your divine goodness which has conferred this supreme favor on me, and I acknowledge myself altogether unworthy of this holy gift. I bless, too, your divine goodness for giving me such a sweet and holy patroness and protecress in your mother, the model and exaltation of all Christian motherhood. Dear Jesus, i bet you to be mindful of the prayers and intercession of your immaculate mother in my behalf; heed her petitions for me and , as you have so blessed me in this pregnancy, mercifully grant the happy deliver which i now ask through her, my patroness, our Lady of Happy Delivery. Amen.
and Jeff, here is a prayer for the doctor:
Lord Jesus Christ, love of little children, grant your abundant blessing son my doctor. For even more important than the task of preserving life is his task of bringing that life into this world. Give my doctor a deep appreciation of the work that he performs. May he ever know how precious that duty is in your sight. Guide his hands at all times, and my all their work be done to your honor. May he ever regard his office as a sacred trust received from you. and finally, may he one day know your rich rewards for having striven earnestly and faithfully to help little children to come to you according to your desires. Amen.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment