this past weekends homily was about slowing down RIGHT now so that we can enter into this Holy Season quietly and peacefully.
so easy to talk about...so hard to accomplish...but so worth trying....even if you are like me...and keep trying every 10 minutes or so...
there is that totally cool song Jesus Take the Wheel on the radio it has a whole lot of meaning for me (lost control of my car years ago on a road trip to cleveland, took me 9 hours and i spun out and wound up facing traffic on the freeway the wrong way...all the while Rebecca was sound asleep in the back seat)
one of my mom's best friends had a picture on her apartment wall that says Slow Me Down Lord. as a young teen i didn't really 'get it'...after i started growing up...it suddenly took on meaning.
well, i got this picture in an email from BaBa today.
i keep a rosary on my rear view mirror (the car is the perfect place for a rosary)
i'm wondering how many times our poor Lord has felt this way while trying to keep me in line????

but look, he is still hanging on....
thanks Baba..i loved the whole email.
Happy Chanuka to Baba's family - we are missing the Chanuka fairy this year!!!
douglas had a good day. came home for a brief nap this morning.
was able to stay awake until grocery shopping was done.
is sleeping now but is terribly sweaty....i keep uncovering his feet to get his body to cool off..he isn't feverish....just sweaty...
love to all!!
and i do hope that no one is offended by the picture.
6 comments:
Good Morning B Team:
It's 20 degrees and icy. Supposed to get more snow tonight. Enough is enough already.
Glad to hear Douglas was sleeping. Hope everyone else did too.
Counting the days until the B Team is home. I miss you all terribly. Santa is ready!
Prayers, hugs and kisses.
NaNa
Jesus take the whell is a great song and we all need him to take the wheel once in awhile but then again we all need him to slow us down as well. Glad to hear D is doing ok. Hope I get to see you when you come to town
Prayers are with the B Team
WW
Yes,
Jesus Take The Wheel is a GREAT SONG!! I believe Carrie Underwood sings that Song! I have it! I heard that song in my RENEW group
Can not wait til you come home again!
MB
Yes,
Jesus Take The Wheel is a GREAT SONG!! I believe Carrie Underwood sings that Song! I have it! I heard that song in my RENEW group
Can not wait til you come home again!
MB
Yes,
Jesus Take The Wheel is a GREAT SONG!! I believe Carrie Underwood sings that Song! I have it! I heard that song in my RENEW group
Can not wait til you come home again!
MB
Maybe it is Kelly Clarkson who sings it?? It is one of those AI singers.
MB
Post a Comment