Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Goin Home Early


Today out at recess, I was on this piece of playground equipment and it is called an air walker.You step on to it and swing your legs to go up and down.So I was doing that and my foot slipped off and it swung up and smashed my finger. I walked up to my friends and all of them ran to my teacher and told what happen. So i walked up to the office and i was given tissues to put my finger in. So I did and i was given a cup of peroxide to dip my finger. Later dad came and picked me up early. We were on our way to Urgent Care to meet mom.When we got there, mom wanted me to have a Tylenol but i said no. She said i HAVE to take some later if i want the pain to be at minimal. So i will. When i was called we went in. We turned on Stuart little, waited,we washed it, waited some more, got an x-ray to see if it was broken, waited again and then.........i was v. When i saw the numbing needle i started to scream and cry.They kept on asking me if i could feel my finger and i said yes. yes yes yes...Then they started stitching it up. It was over in 3 minutes. The person who stitched it put on the bandage.Mom dropped me off and went out to get me a Starbucks.When v got home i told her the story. Then we got a call from urgent care saying that mom forgot the insurance card there. I don't know if she got it or not.

9 comments:

eastmoormom said...

something interesting about this suture (sp) room - it had a little TV/VCR with movies. really took the edge off of waiting with the two wee ones...
it is amazing to me how upset they get when they see their big sister upset. took all I had to keep myself composed...soo hard when your baby is hurting....

Anonymous said...

There is no greater pain for a parent than to see a child in pain.
love auntm

Barb said...

S, You are SO brave!! Once, when Johnny was little, he had to get stitches in his bottom lip...I waited out in the lobby and made John do the dirty work!(I felt like such a loser) I just couldn't stand to watch it! I can't think of anything more painful than seeing your baby hurt!!??
Barb W.

Anonymous said...

Auntm sent it best! Remember I sat through 6 surgeries with JB!

I watched them suck the blood out of JB knee once too!

I hope you are spoiling your 4 children!

Hope R feels better!

MB

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more - there is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain - and can't do anything to stop the hurt.

Rebecca - remember to keep that finger straight up....and not pointed at anyone. (hahah)

Love, kisses and hugs all around.

nana

Anonymous said...

Hope the finger is feeling better today.

WW

Anonymous said...

Hope your finger is better today and what a cute picture of you.
Now you have an excuse for not doing anything. (grin) I imagine it's hard to write in school. Does that NO homework.

Chat later---Love to all
Grma & Grpa B

Anonymous said...

r,

dont' turn into your aunt m injuring your finger's around holiday's! its a jinks!

master m

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to take this momment and post a comment on the bteam site. with the Pope visiting the USA this week. I know and I'm sure mrs. b would agree that our Grandma Wein would be so proud to watch his every move. I remember her calling back three years go to tell me Pope John had passed away and she kept following the new annoucement of the new Pope Bendict. Grandma you would have been proud of this great moment this week.

love,
master m