Wednesday, May 14, 2008

how could they say no??


I'm in....met with the store manager this afternoon and as i hoped, i was offered a position. he can't pay me what i've asked but says he will be able to 'come close'. i'll be working up to 15 hours per week (i like that to start..maybe more hours later on in summer). He has three floor sales managers to share my info with and will call me next week with the department assignment and pay rate.
He did ask me what departments i might be interested in: i told him that i can be a bit of a purse snob..so Bags would be fun...(have you seen the cute fun Liz Claiborn?)Bags also include Jewelry...and then my next choice would be Better Menswear! (macy's will be exclusive retailer for Tommy Hilgfiger)

I'm super excited to start!! and again, so grateful to get work!! hip hip hooray!!


meanwhile: take a look at my big hitter!! Miss R had a RBI and made it to second base!!! and she looks like a real runner doesn't she?? daddy got to see her play!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting the job.
15 hours is nice not to much time away from the family.
Ann

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So sorry I didn't call on your birthday. Was in Chicago for our Mother's Day Walk. Also tried on Bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding - ugghhh!!! I miss you!
Joy

Anonymous said...

CONGRADS
Hope you enjoy the new job

WW

Anonymous said...

We're very happy for you!!!!! How long should I wait to make out my "you've got a discount now - wish list"? haha

Which of your interview answers do you think landed you the job?

Rebecca - you look like a pro! Good hit! Very proud!!

Love, Kisses & Hugs to all.

nana

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Did you get time off for the Fun Fest?

MB

osufan said...

Congrats to you Sheri.
Way to go Rebecca. I wish I could see your games.

S&H

Anonymous said...

First of all i made it to 1st base in the video but i really did make it. true fact....

Anonymous said...

Go Becca.love auntm

Anonymous said...

Great Job Ms. R. You must make Daddy proud. And were proud of you too. Keep up the good work.

Love and Kisses to all,

Grpa & Grma B