It has been my experience that teenagers, at least teenage girls go this period of militant morality and become ‘vegetarians’ because of the brutal slaughter of innocent chickens or little red salmon fishes. Also in my experience; that ‘vegetarian’ lifestyle quickly looses its luster when the girls gain 15 pounds from eating boxes of pasta and Taco Bell Pintos N Cheese. And so it goes that our lovely teen is giving some consideration to the idea. It comes at a convenient time since I have just finished reading a book called The China Study (a lovely gift from a new friend) and in it the author details…and I mean details (lots of big words and tables) (not necessarily my style) how protein…YES protein may just possibly be the cause of many of our ‘ills’…ie: cancer, Alzheimer’s etc. I’m not talking about the steroid pumped up chickens or cows..i’m talking about the efficiently fed and maintained cows of the US of A. The author just so you know is a very wealthy man…by virtue of his chosen career..none other than…..BEEF LIVESTOCK….hmmmmmmmmm interesting…eh…..he makes his fortune off raising them and when he sees a possible end to his means…he turncoats…
Reminds me of the commercials that Mr. T. Boon Pickens keeps running telling us that very soon HE will unfold for us HIS plan to turn the energy crisis on its ear….now of course…he has millions from his very own OIL WELLS!!!…
Climbing down now….man, I kind of sound like my husband…does that mean I’m going to start look like him….
You’ve seen those awful email pictures of people who begin to look like their pets….
Ok, way off subject.
After having the conversation with our teen that should she choose to ‘be a vegetarian’ it would be of her own accord, as my title does not include short order cook joined with the fact that chicken, fish and beef are a staple…good or bad of our family meal plans…..of course, we have the option to get fancier as the wee ones get a more varied palet..but until then…she would stand to get really really fat on boiled macaroni…
HOWEVER,,,,,after choosing to heed some of The China Study findings, I would agree to three meatless meals a week….that being said…we have begun rummaging cookbooks and our recent Rachel Ray magazine. Now, of course most of the meatless meal ingredients CAN NOT be purchased at my Aldi..so a trip to Kroger…..(until I get home to my MIEJER!!) will be a bit more expensive…but….should be worth it right???
After all…I will save money by not being a short-term memory loss diabetic with a damn healthy heart that beats like a teenager!! At least that is what this cowboy thinks!!!
Gotta go now…
I have to go convince my daughters that brussel sprouts will make the prettier!!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
How funny, I just put this book on reserve at the library this week - can't wait to take a look at it!
Personal experience aside, check with your doctor on this issue. Other people have found in retrospect that going "vegetarian" is a step towards an ED. Girls, especially, may require a more balanced diet during this very important developmental time in adolesence and that includes protein and yes, meats, poultry, etc. Let the moral outrage wait to adulthood.
ok
But I was just thinking about eating less meat but not cutting it out entirely because who doesnt love a good pot roast or rack of ribs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats my girl...a meat and potatoes girl at heart...just like her daddy....we will get swordfish in this week as well as veggie lasagna...not sure about the third..
Yahoo Ms. V:
Anyone want to join me in a sack of good ol White Castles??????
Love & Kisses To All...
nana
mom,
we've scheduled our last dinner with Fr. Jerry..boo hoo.i had promised him right b4 it got hot that when it cooled off i'd make him my famous pork and sauerkraut. since we won't be here when it gets cold...like it ever really gets cold here...i'll just have to put the crock outside!! in this heat that stink will just linger too long! just like a white castle in a hot car!! YUK!
Sheri:
How about we send Father Jerry some Buckeyes (the chocolate ones). I am sure there is a way to send them without melting. Perhaps Anthony Thomas would ship. What do you think?
nana
come on come on where are the times from championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Hey just got back from vacation
I missed your blog badddd.
Yes Anthony Thomas will ship Buckeye's
Miss Ya and can not wait to see you
WW
hi nana V
We were wondering where you were
ww
????????????????????????????????
V
Make Mom bring you to see me when you get back to o
WW
Hi Ms V....
I'm ready for my homemade birthday cake. Perhaps one from you and one from Ms. R. Yea that will work.
Just 20 or 21 more days. YAHOO!!!
Tons of Hugs & Kisses......
nana
I cant wait to bake more cakes and decorate them for everyone XOXOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment